RIAA Eurorack phono preamplifier
Since sampling becomes more and more popular in eurorack, thus a phono preamplifier could come in very handy to directly sample from vinyl. RIAA is a preamplifier to bring phono signals up to the hot levels of eurorack modular synthesizers.
It’s a stereo preamplifier with designated ground binding post for hum-free operation.
The amplifier is divided into two gain stages:
Stage one features a RIAA conform frequency response.
Stage two has a linear response and adjustable gain. Its purpose is to bring the signal from line level up to eurorack level. You can adjust the output level with a stereo potentiometer, two LED’s indicate when signal level is +/-5V.
- first workshops will be held on 14.Oct in brussels @ BEM – belgian electronic marathon
- 2nd workshops will be held on 4. Nov @ MuDA – Zürich during the backslash festival
- LVL potentiometer
- L & R Cinch inputs for phono
- Ground post to attach GND from recordplayers
- L & R outputs
- +12V ?mA / -12V ?mA
- Width: 4 HP (20mm)
- Depth: 13mm
- Paperless (pick and place infos are written on the border of the PCB)
- Schematic Handout MKII
- BOM MK2